The EEG is organising Towards Inclusion conference to mark the 10 years since the release of the Špidla report 16 January 2020 in Brussels, Belgium.
The conference is supported by DG Employment of the European Commission.
The purpose of the conference is to evaluate the progress made during the 10 years since the Špidla report:
- how has the EU contributed to the transition from institutional to community-based care;
- what needs to be done during the next 10 years?
Among the speakers are people who experience institutionalisation, experts on transition to community-based care and high-profile representatives of the European Commission.
Speakers at the conference include:
- Helena Dalli, Commissioner for Equality (speech in full here)
- Adriana Sukova, deputy director DG Employment of the European Commission
- Vladimir Špidla, former Commissioner for employment
- Elisabeta Moldovan, self-advocate, Ceva de spus (Romania)
- Michal Ďorď, Vteřina poté (Czechia)
Watch the conference livestream video here.
EEG statement on the occasion of the conference.